Andi Soraya goes to jail!

Hands up Andi! You’re going to jail!



South Jakarta prosecutor’s office sent actress Andi Soraya to Pondok Bambu women prison in East Jakarta on Tuesday despite her protest, kompas.com reported.

Andi will serve her three-month jail term after the Supreme Court recently found her guilty of assaulting the wife of a businessman three years ago.

“I was not involved in a drug crime, obscenity or murder. It was only a case which remains in a grey area. It’s strange that suddenly I am put behind the bars,” she said as she was moved from the prosecutor’s office to the prison.

State prosecutors took her from her home after she failed to heed the office’s summons three times. But she insisted that the prosecutors execute the Supreme Court’s verdict after Idul Fitri, saying she had to take care of her two children.

“It’s impossible for me not to comply with the law. I just think of my children,” she said.

Source: Jakarta Post